If you are interested only in the best local SEO, what are you currently doing to make that happen? What kind of online tools, techniques and methods are you using? Do you feel overwhelmed about optimizing your website for local traffic? Remember, trained experts do this task every day. So, it might be most beneficial if you outsource this task to someone who does if professionally.
However, for those who want to do it themselves, if you need some ideas, read on! For the business person who wants more local traffic, you can never have too many tools!
Dominate Traffic for Best Local SEO
Local and global SEO differ. To dominate global markets, use marketing techniques that increase your visibility to the world. To dominate local markets, focus on ranking with locally geographic location keywords. But there is much more to successfully achieving this goal than just using the right keywords. That’s why it might be faster and more economical to outsource.
Of course, you also want to rank well organically. But for the best local SEO, when it comes to using keywords, mainly concern yourself with the local-oriented ones. These are ones that apply to areas for which you want to rank your business offerings.
When doing local SEO keep geography in mind as you optimize your website. In other words, use the keywords used by local people searching locally for your products/services. You could outsource part of this task to experts. Outsourcing some of this job might be a real option for you.
There are many things that can be covered in this blog post about how to optimize your website for best local SEO. However, this checklist may be the most helpful for you:
- Locally optimize title tags
- Locally structure your URLs (i.e. ClevelandDogGroomer.com rather than the non-local BestDogGroomerOnEarth.com)
- Locally optimize images especially with ALT tags. ALT tags are descriptive phrases associated with your images. A locally optimized ALT tag would be one with your neighborhood or city’s name.
- Publish the local city name on your home page with contact details. “Above the fold” is best on the home page.
- Use one main locally optimized keyword for each website page. When each page uses a locally optimized keyword, make sure the content is contextually relevant for each page. (I.e., don’t talk about Cleveland dog groomers on the page that is about something other than dog grooming.)
- Create your Google My Business listing in a locally-optimized way.
- List your business in different business directories publishing them in a locally-optimized way.
- Be known as a local business on your social platforms.
- When categorizing your business, make sure you use geographically local words in your descriptions.
- Work with Google’s guidelines for best local SEO.
- In customer testimonials, when possible/appropriate, write the person’s first name and then city and state.
- On the “contact us” page, provide the complete first and last name, address, and phone number of each of your store locations.
- See to it your website is mobile-friendly. Make your local phone number obvious and duplicated as appropriate throughout your website. (This might be something as simple as contact information being visible above the fold and in the website footer.)
- Appropriately tag your videos and images with local optimized labels.
This list is only a starting point. Check out other sources as you do more complete research on getting best local SEO.