All work without play is actually unhealthy. When was the last time you played? The term we adults use to describe play is leisure time activities. Without engaging in activities unrelated to work we can actually cause harm to our health. So, I’ll ask the question again – when was the last time you played?
As children, play seems like a natural part of our daily routine. However, as we grow up, we forget or put aside leisure time. Work seems to be the priority. Often, it is not until we start to experience problems in our health or relationships that we start to include playtime again.
Want to have more energy and keep enjoying life? Like the idea of avoiding work burnout? Interested in taking a mini-holiday everyday from work? Include leisure time in your daily routine.
Healthier relationships and lower general stress are two common benefits of including leisure time in your routine. There are plenty more! But what if you are a small business owner? How can you get some leisure time? By outsourcing certain tasks another person can really do.
Outsourcing can get you leisure time. After finding a compatible digital marketing company, by outsourcing just this one important business activity you could get more time for fishing. Fishing not your thing? Well, then, what about bowling, fencing, playing baseball or learning how to play guitar? Whatever leisure time activity you desire, outsourcing could be the key to getting those moments for fun!
Benefits of Leisure Time
It may be beyond your conscious awareness of how beneficial leisure time is to your life. Here are just a few reasons why it’s helpful to incorporate leisure time into your routine.
- Live Longer
- Opportunity to meet new people and develop new relationships
- Strengthens current relationships when you do things together
- Improves your mental and physical health
- Keeps your mind sharp and can improve memory
- Invigorates you to keep living a productive life
- Reduces stress
- Helps you broaden your horizons by getting involved in different life activities
- Helps you develop new skills
- Can help you fight off depression
- Leisure time athletic activities can help build your cardiovascular system
- Restores a sense of normalcy in your life
- Can decrease loneliness
- Doing leisure activities with others connects you socially with others
- Doing leisure activities with pets can give the elderly a reason to keep on living
- Being more active can help you lose weight
- You can improve your mood by engaging in some leisure activities
- You can motivate yourself by engaging in some leisure activities
- You can develop new interpersonal skills engaging in some leisure activities
- Some leisure activities can improve your oxygen levels and reduce high blood pressure
This is merely a partial list of benefits from leisure time activities. The question is, will you take advantage of outsourcing some of your workload to get these benefits? You are the boss. You decide!